Friday, March 13, 2009

Devils 5 Coyotes 2

Now THAT is what I want to see. The Devils beating up on a team that is weak. Don't get me wrong, the Coyotes have a great coach and a good, young team but this year isn't theirs.

The Devils wasted no time in getting their first goal as Parise scored his 40th of the year just 18 seconds into the game.

It was college night at the Rock. This crowd was the smallest of the college nights but was still rowdy. We really gave it to Gretzky singing "It's a small world after all" and "Micky Mouse Club." I decided to make Scotty Upshall my enemy for the night as I despise anyone who has ever worn a Flyers uniform.

I like what the referees did. They let the players play. Not many penalties were called and there were two fights as the game became chippy.

Goal scorers:

Parise (40)
Madden (7)
Zubrus (14)
Elias (27)
Zajac (19)

Marty Brodeur now has 550 wins. He has the chance to tie Roy's record on Saturday in Montreal.

The Devils are now 20-5-0 in their last 25 games.

The Devils are 6-1-0 since Brodeur's return.

I was 5 for 13 with my picks last night. Not good.

For Tonight:

Columbus @ Chicago
Los Angeles @ Vancouver

Andrew Timoni
atimoni@vzw.blackberry.net

No comments:

Post a Comment